Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
I think the lady was kind of impressed I knew so much about henna/mehndi. I was explaining about it to the other ladies' and answering their questions about what it is, how long it lasts, etc. I was the first person of the night to have it done, and we drew quite the crowd while she was putting the design on my hand. And so a lot of the other ladies ended up getting designs too!
I have a sudden desire to visit India someday...
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- Tomorrow (7pm to 9pm) I have an open house event I was invited to attend by the woman who comissioned the Emoti-Nubbins. She loves the Nubbins and thinks they could be used to promote self-esteem. The Open House and Silent Auction in honor of Eating Disorder Awareness Week, which is February 22 - 28 (Someone close to her used to struggle with an eating disorder). She has some other local small business owners/artists coming as well.
- Moonflower emailed me today and said they're down to one Nubbin! So I need to stop by to replentish their Nubbin population!
- It's the last weekend of the month, which means the Spot Art Show is this weekend (and next weekend). I'll be there on Saturday this weekend (5pm-10pm) and Friday next weekend (same times).
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
- Mom came for a quick visit last Wednesday (to bring me my birch beer I left in her car from our trip to Rome) and she brought King! Luna was thrilled! King has never come over to our house before!
- Then on Saturday, we took Luna to the vet for the first time for her initial visit for her shots and stuff. They have bunnies in their waiting room. Luna decided to investigate.
- Yesterday, I helped watch Rachel's boys while she laid down for awhile and we played Twister.
- And today I watched the kids for awhile again and did a craft project with them. I got the idea from Scrumdilly-Do. It's called "Shake & Make".Then the kids helped me glue on some paper scraps to my paper scrap box. I was sick of looking at the frozen pizza box
Friday, February 20, 2009
I did this other Nubbin for a fellow artist at the Spot art show who does pottery. She requested a purple Nubbin with her sorority letters on it in this pink/fuchsia felt she picked out from my felt stash. She's planning on giving it as a gift to one of her sorority sisters.
She also requested a little heart on its butt!
Oh!...I had to go out to buy some more thread colors for these projects to use with my sewing machine...and I thought it was funny that the thread I bought just happened to coordinate with my set of bright-colored buttons I have. I didn't plan on buying the thread to match the buttons, I was just buying the colors of thread I needed...
Yup! That's my grandma! :)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I love my Grandma. I wish I lived closer to so I could visit her more often.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
And Grandma has a computer! A computer with INTERNET too! She's joined the 21st cetury!
It's been a cross between entertaining and challenging for mom and I to try to teach this sweet, 83-year-old woman about email and websites and other computer stuff. It's weird when younger knows more about something han the older. Mom knows more about computers than Grandma...but I know more about computers than Mom. But I've been trying to sit back and let mother and daughter fight it out...and I laugh and think of when my mother is in her 80's and I'm in my 50's and wonder what we'll bicker about. :) I tried to jump in only when I was asked.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
This is what was in the bag...
It's a computer game I'd mentioned offhandedly to CJ that I wanted. It was an unexpected surprise. I really wasn't expecting anything...although I know he was going to do something. Some women are happy with diamond jewelry or perfume or chocolate for Valentine's Day...I'm happy with a computer game. And roses are a treat too. Fresh flowers are especially special when CJ gets them for me, since he has allergies and usually hates fresh flowers in the house. But he knows I like them sometimes, so he gets them anyway. So they mean a lot to me when he gets them.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I'm putting Gally up for sale in my shop. But I think she's another one of my favorite monsters that's going tobe hard to part with!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
The 5 hours at Spot flew by each night this weekend! Friday night was over before I knew it and I'd made a decent amount of sales...about 11 monsters. Saturday was quick-feeling too, but with much less sales...one sweater cat at the end of the night. This was my table set-up on Friday (I don't think I ever set up my table the same way twice!)
I sold another one of my favorite monsters! This green guy has been a favorite for a long time. I love how the huge button eye makes him look kind of crazy...and his big mischeivous smile! The lady who bought him offered to take a goodbye picture of him and me.
I need to start doing more of the toothy grins I used to do. I essentially have 3 types of monster-mouths...fuzzy lips, toothy grin, and pointy teeth. I've been doing a lot of pointy teeth lately. I need to go back to some classics.
The lady who bought the green guy asked if he had a name...I said that I never really gave him a name and then randomly off-the-top-of-my-head said he could be "Phil". Isn't that sad?...he was one of my favorites and I never even named him!
I want to be more diligent about naming my monsters. People really seem to like it when they have names...and personalities. I've recently come up with a way of coming up with funny-sounding monster names...I found that some of the word verifications (or captcha ) you see sometimes before you can comment on some blogs sometimes look like funny words. I thought then that they would make perfect monster names! Here's a list of some of them I've gathered:
I just need to assign the names to some monsters. Ellowilla and Joysi have already been assigned and are listed on my Etsy shop. Stay tunned...I may do another give-away soon (maybe Valentine's Day) and base the entry perameters on the captchas!
Friday, February 6, 2009
This huggable guy went home last week with Becky, a fellow artist/vendor at the Spot art show. She showed me tonight that she has a picture of her hugging him for her MySpace profile picture! How sweet! He was definitely one of my favorites and was hard to part with. But I'm glad he's making someone so happy!
This monster is from the arm of the sweater the previous monster was made of. I just made her today.