Sunday, March 9, 2008

Knitting Kick

I've been on a knitting kick for the past two weeks or so. I'm actually not despising knitting with actual knitting needles. I'm still going pretty basic...strictly knitting...no purling, no increasing, no decreasing...nothing "fancy" yet. I started knitting with this bright green, blue, and yellow verigated yarn with the intent on simply practicing with it. But I was liking how it was coming out and first was deciding it was going to be a scarf...but then decided I would try to make it into a strip in a baby blanket. It's taking me a week for each strip so far. I just finished the second coordinating green strip today during church and crocheted the two together. But it's not quite right because although I did the same number of rows in both strips, the yarns are different gauges, so now they aren't lined up right. But my hubby says we can make it work and make it look intentional in the end.


No comments: