Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mom's Birthday...

I mentioned yesterday that it was my Mom's birthday...

These were her presents I wrapped. The gift bag is from CJ and I, the others were from my dad, who asked me to wrap Mom's presents while he was at work. (I got her some stuff from BNath & Body Works and Dad got her a bunch of Carpenter's DVD's/CD's) I spontaniously got all Martha Stewart and made that tissue paper flower topper...


I thought it turned out particularly well due to the double sided tissue paper (gold on one side and silver on the other).

We took Mom to Super Buffet (a Chinese food buffet), since she likes it there, but doesn't go very often.
She thought it was just going to be her, Dad, CJ, and I...but Dad had invited a bunch of her friends from church. She was pleasantly surprised, and we all had a lot of fun.

This goth girl with crazy dreads was at the table next to us (it turns out it was her birthday too!). It was funny trying to get a picture of the back of her hair without being obvious. We were pretending to take a picture of Mom. Of course, I kind of wish now that we just would have asked to take a picture of her...I'm sure she would have gladly obliged. She seemed quite nice. She was very sweet and wished Mom a happy birthday before she left. Goths are usually surprisingly nice if you can get past the scary exterior and actually talk to them.

No comments: