I've been working on the RNEST logo some more. They turned out agreeing on using mine...mostly because no one else submitted any. There were some notes from September's meeting (which I was not able to attend) about the logo...that they wanted a color version. I was stuck on using the Hand version I had done and was getting frustrated with trying to color it. The best I had come up with was the version below, but I was still not satisfied with it. It just didn't look right to me.
October's meeting was last night and I was able to attend. We talked about the logo and the difficulty I had been having with figuring out a color version. It tuns out I was trying to make it too complex. For one thing, they liked the most basic logo (the one with no extra graphics). They agreed that it was hard to make a "color version", but someone had the brilliant idea of just putting a colored "swish" behind it. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? (oh...that's right, because I was trying to make things too complicated!)
So pulled out my laptop and whipped up a quick "swishy" version while we moved onto other business. They loved it. Then when I got home, I came up with this version with colors for Halloween (when I asked about color scheme at the meeting, they said it would be cool to just change it with the seasons).
I did another version with a little spider for some extra Halloweeny spookiness...
The other night, I was taking a break from the frustration of colorizing the logo. I was looking at new fonts on DaFont.com and after finding some new, crafty fonts, I was playing around and came up with this alternate version of the logo...It's a bit edgier looking, I think. I don't think we'll change to this logo or anything. I didn't even really bring it up at the meeting. I really just wanted an excuse to play around and use some of the new fonts...particularly that button "R".