Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Night of Frog Catchin'

We went with Bill, Rachel, Karl, and Kim to Kim's parents' house on Sunday night. They live on a farm with a big pond near the house. Karl went frog catchin' and got each of the kids a big ole' frog to hold. Yee Haw! Good ole down-on-the-farm, country entertainment! I love it! CJ and I went with Karl and Bill to help keep track of the kids (ie: keep them occupied and quiet while Karl snuck up on the frogs). And of course I had to use my camera to document all the fun.

"Who wants a frog?"

"I do! I do!"




"Um...I'm not so sure about this!"
You can tell just by the looks on the kids' faces which of them had held frogs before and which ones hadn't! The boy and girl in the picture together are Karl and Kim's kids, who have been to the the farm before and have probably done this with their daddy before...the two boys are Bill and Rachel's kids. Yeah...we be city folk.

Frog Kisses!

By the end of the night we had about 4 or 5 frogs in a cage, and then we set them loose back into the pond.

Poor traumatized frogs. But at least the kids had fun! ;)

No comments: