Sunday, April 14, 2013

Monsters Have Invaded My Couch!

A mountain of monsters is threatening to overrun my couch. 
They are awaiting their hand-sewn details (eyes, lips, & hearts). 


(please forgive the not-so-great-quality cell phone photo!)

I am in full pre-craft show production mode to make sure I have enough for Mayday Underground in 2 weeks (Saturday, April 27th).  My goal this week was to machine-sew at least 3 sweater monsters a day.  A few days I only got 2 done (due to those annoying little distractions like laundry, grocery shopping, and cooking dinner)... other days I got 5 done...so it evened out.  One day this week, my husband came home from work and said "Oh my! Monsters are invading our house!" LOL!

Between this pile and the pile of finished monsters that have settled into a chair in the other room, I have just under 50 sweater monsters (more than enough I think!).  This upcoming week, I am planning on focusing on making Nubbins during the day and then paring down this mountain and hand-sewing in the evening when I watch TV with my husband.  I've already reduced the mountain by 5 monsters this weekend.  I'll have to remember to take photos of them before the show!


I couldn't resist taking a picture of Hal amongst the unfinished monster pile and uploading it to Instagram with the caption, "They'll never find me here!"
(you can find pictures of Hal on Instagram by searching for the hashtag #adventuresoffhalthesweatermonster)

No comments: