Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wrapping Presents

Wrapping some presents today...


"Brown paper packages tied up with string,
These a a few of my favorite things!"

I LOVE the kraft/woodgrain wrapping paper we got from Target this year.  I'm hoping they'll have some on clearance after Christmas and I can stock up on a bunch.  I'd really like to use it for my Etsy packaging throughout the year.  It is reminiscent of my wood background I use in the photos for my Etsy listings.  And it seems particularly appropriate for the Owl Nubbins.  (it is actually a Barn Owl Nubbin that is wrapped up in the picture below)


I'll probably also do what I've done in past years when I've had wrapping paper I really like: I Mod-Podge/glue it to a shoebox so I have a re-usable gift box!  I'm actually not a fan of the wrapping process, or the fact that SO much pretty paper just gets torn up and thrown away.  So making the gift boxes kind of solves both those problems.  I can just put the gift in the box and tie some string/twine/ribbon around it with a tag (made with my Cricut) and I'm done!


No comments: