Thursday, January 31, 2008

Polkadots & Green Argyle

Here are my newest sock monsters I made last week...or was it two weeks ago? I don't know...I've been sick and just trying to function enough to go to work. I come home and either crash or veg out with my hubby because I don't have the energy to do anything else. We watched "The Last Mimzy" last week...now I want to make a monster with a curlycue belly button!

On to the monsters!
The pink ones are "sisters" made from the same sock. My favorite is the little one with the two different colored eyes that coordinate wih her two different-colored pigtails! Her big sister reminds me of a valley girl with that pigtail on the side. Of course the way she turned out, it also looks like she has a growth on her head! "Like, eeeeewwww!"

This green guy is from some St. Patrick's day socks I got at a craft store (stores think about these holidays so far in advance!)

I love the way monsters look in argyle! Anyone want to send me their argyle socks? Knee highs would be great!...I could get 4 monsters out of just one sock! (depending on how worn out the sole/toes are) Target has some gorgeous bright-colored knee-highs I drool over whenever I go to check if they have any cool, monster-making appropriate socks on sale for under a dollar (which, sadly, they never do!) And the knee-high argyle ones are $5.99-$6.99...which I suppose isn't bad if I get 3-4 monsters out of each sock...that's a dollar a monster or less. I'm just a cheapskate (or as my mother would say...I'm just "frugal"). I don't like paying more than a dollar for new pair of socks if they're not going to end up on my feet.

No comments: