Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Picnic Date

It was a gorgeous, warm, sunny day out yesterday, so I called CJ and asked if he wanted to meet me and Luna at the park to have a picnic when he got out of work. (This is something we do on occasion as an excuse to take Luna to the park.) Recently, some friends of ours introduced us to the deliciously simple concept of the cucumber and hummus sandwich (I like to use garlic-flavored hummus), and it has since become our favorite spring/summer meal. It's so simple, yet so delicious! We had the cucumbers, garlic hummus and flatbread on hand, so I packed them up and headed to the park. I also packed a sleeve of Saltine crackers (left over from last week) and some squeezable grape jelly...another simple yummy treat.

And after we ate, we lounged about, talked, enjoyed the outdoors, and took pictures...

(Sorry, I love taking macro pictures of my rings!)
...and started trying to take pictures of Luna...who is a lovely looking dog, but she just doesn't ever seem to want to cooperate. But we got some cute pictures nonetheless.

No comments: