Saturday, October 24, 2009

Orange Sweater Monster (with Yoda ears!)

I got a bag of sweater scraps last week from my good friend Amy. They were scraps left over from her endeavors in making wool soakers out of recycled felted sweaters. In the bag were some lovely remnants of an orange sweater. I love the color combination of orange and blue (I love it even more when the blue is more of a turquoise). Yay for complimentary colors!

Don't you just love his Yoda-ears? If I made him in green with a brown robe... hmmmm... I smell a Star Wars homage coming soon.

I liked doing his mouth differently too...not my usual white felt teeth or fuzzy lips (although I am quite overdue for making some fuzzy-lipped monsters!). I'm getting much more into doing simple embroidery on my monsters' faces lately.

No comments: