Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Handmade Christmas: Taylor's Spotted Cheshire Cat

Remember the Cheshire Cat I made out of scraps of a purple striped sweater?...well, my sister in law sent me a message on Facebook saying that she wanted it for her oldest daughter if I hadn't sold it yet. Well, I had already sold it at Presence on the Patio...so I decided to make another one. I didn't have any more of the purple striped sweater, but I did have some purple leopard-print velboa fabric that (conveniently enough) my sister in law had given me...

I think I like this one even better! And I have tons more of the fabric, so I can make more!

I particularly like the lime green details. I originally was going to make the whiskers white like on the other one, but my husband suggested using the green. I'm glad I listened to him. It adds an extra little punch of color.

Taylor was thrilled!

1 comment:

snoring solutions said...

very cute cat, i like this.i totally agree with your fashion sense. good job!