Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year...New Project...

Happy New Year! With a new year comes a new project for me!
I have gotten the itch to make a quilt...a project I have never attempted before. I've gotten inspiration from an issue of Readymade (which I finally have a subscription to! Thanks honey!)


"Not-So-Crazy-Quilt - Hang onto your sanity when you make this patchwork quilt by sewing one row at a time. Keep all the fabric pieces in each row the same width, but cut to different lengths"

I'm planning on starting by making a small quilt (baby blanket?) out of some of my hubby's old dress shirts. I laid them out on the kitchen table tonight to work out a simple design...


We'll see how this works out! Maybe when I finish this one, I'll try making something bigger and more patchworky.

1 comment:

mamachat said...

I love the idea. Gran'ma likes it too. I can't wait to see it. Go for the big one or at least a long one for a couch blanket.