Monday, January 18, 2010

SuperPunch Surprise!

I've been commissioned by a friend to make an astronaut/spaceman plush for her nephew. Never having made one before, I turned to the internet for some inspiration. My websurfing brought me to the SuperPunch Blog...which is mostly a blog of geeky cool-ness, artsy-ness, and crafty-ness, and they have a lot of posts about handmade plush from various places on the internet.
So...I'm browsing all the posts labeled "plush", and at one point when I scroll down I see my little Max Nubbin! And below the pictures it says " Plush Max by Kira, who has various plush creations on sale at Etsy. " with a link to the post I made at The Needle as well as a link to my Etsy shop! Wow! I had no idea my work had been blogged about! And this was back in November.

Then, a bit more scrolling and there's a post about my "Where The Wild Things Are" inspired monster too!

Sorry, I get a bit excited when people blog about my work...that means my name is getting out there!

No comments: