Monday, March 10, 2008

On to Crocheting!

I went to AC Moore today and bought yarn. My favorite Lion Homespun yarn was 2 for $7 and Red Heart Super Saver yarn was $1.79. So I bought 2 skeins of the Homespun (one in a rusty fallen leaves orange and one in a gorgeous peacock turquoise) and two skeins of Red Heart (one in a similar rusty orange and one in a deep scarlet red)...expecting my husband to say something along the lines of "You bought MORE yarn? Don't you have enough?" (but honey, it was on sale!), but he barely batted an eyelash. More yarn for him to use as well, since he can crochet (much better than I can)!

Speaking of crochet, I've moved on from knitting to crocheting. My grandma told me when she was teaching me to knit that once you start crocheting, you'll never go back to knitting, since it's quicker and easier. I think I'm inclined to agree. Not that I'll totally give up knitting...I know I'll get back to it eventually.

My husband and I watched "Ratatoullie" on DVD tonight and I crocheted. I'm crocheting myself a scarf out of the rusty orange Homespun. It'll be gorgeous when it's done! I learned about double crochet stitch tonight too and incorperated it into this scarf. I single crochet one row, then double crochet the next.

I think I might be better off crocheting a baby blanket instead of knitting one.

No comments: