Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Art Class Weeks 2 & 3: Impressionism

I know I skipped last week's Art Class update...but anyone close to me knows last week was a little crazy.

Last Monday I taught the kids about the Impressionists, focusing on Claude Monet (How could I do anyone else? "Monet" is almost synonomous with "Impressionist"!). After giving my shpiel, I had the kids pick out landscape pictures and then go to town with the paint. This past week, I had them finish up their pieces. Here are a few of them...

I love this kid's sunset.

I loved this kid's piece too. He nailed the Impressionistic feel of the brushstrokes. He seemed a bit embarassed when I told him how great I thought it was and told the other kids to take a look at it.




“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."



Next week...Post Impressionism and Vincent Van Gogh.

No comments: