Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Tradition Survey


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags or pretty gift boxes if I can. I hate wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I grew up with real...CJ grew up with artificial. I insisted that our first Christmas as a married couple, we have a real tree (see picture at right). The next year, we got an artificial because we still had pine needles in the corners of our apartment!
3. When do you put up the tree? My parents used to put it up 2 weeks before Christmas. My hubby and I don't have a set time...but sometime in December (and no earlier!).
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever we got to it. I think it made it to April last year!
5. Do you like eggnog? not really
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I have memories of a talking, Teddy Ruxpin-esque Fievel doll. But maybe that's just because we have a home video of it.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? My nieces (I have to stop myself from buying them more! Kids are so fun to buy for!)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? no
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail...if I send any
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of any. I subscribe to "it's the thought that counts"...plus most people know my tastes pretty well.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Muppet Christmas Carol!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I think of it. Probably early to mid-November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? probably
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grands biscuits
16. Lights on the tree? yes...but not the multicolored or flashing/blinking ones. I like white. Our tree has a strand of white and a strand of blue.
17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on the year...we alternate. If we have Thanksgiving with his family in Cleveland, we have Christmas with mine here, and vice-versa.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21 Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up we did it in the morning, but three years ago, since CJ had to work in the morning, my family did it on Christmas Eve. We liked doing it that way and have done it like that in the years since.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The never-ending holiday music in the stores. It's killer if you work in retail. I hated it when I worked at Goodwill and we were forced to listen to Christmas music in the back room. I like "church" christmas music...but not all the "fluff" holiday music...although certain songs grow on me like "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas"!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a blue and silver theme
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'm a Christmas ham kind of gal
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A hippopotomus!...no really, I always hate this question. I can never think of anything specific. I'm blessed and have it pretty good...but I'm sure I'll think of something. I did want my own iPod until CJ started letting me carry his!
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Missie and/or Mom
27.Who is least likely to respond to this? anyone who doesn't read my blog!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'll respond if I remember. I'm too tired for a survey right now! LOL