Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July, 2009

My husband's birthday just happens to be the 4th of July. Poor guy...birthday overshadowed by a holiday. That's probably why he isn't too into having big parties for his birthday. But me and my family are!...so we threw him a small party yesterday at my parents' house...




Earlier in the afternoon, I helped Mom with her garden...

...and so did Luna! She was actually being really helpful, since we were trying to dig up the dirt anyway! (Dig Luna! Dig!)

My parents have traditionally thrown a big 4th of July bash in past years, but in recent years it's calmed down to a simple get-together of having just a couple people over, eating, hanging out around the fire pit, and watching the fireworks. My parents are a stonesthrow away from the town park where they set off the fireworks every year, so there are two options: stay in their front yard to watch, or walk down to the park to see them close up. Dad and CJ always stay home...Mom and I always walk down.

We found out that Luna does NOT like fireworks!

No comments: