Friday, July 3, 2009

A Couple Days at Grandma's...

I know it's been over a week since my last entry, but nothing really interesting happened last week. And I've been gone for the past 2 days. My mom called me on Monday to tell me she was going to visit her mother (my grandmother) and asked if I wanted to come too. Well sure!..packing can wait while I visit Grandma!



My mom works for BOCES with special ed. kids and the cigar box thing was a craft project they did this year. Apparantly it's a project that's been around for awhile. I told my husband about it and he said "Oh yeah, I've done that!" It's really simple...all you do is
  1. tear pieces of masking tape and stick them onto a cigar box (making sure they overlap and the edges are pressed down)
  2. when the whole box is covered with pieces of masking tape, you dab shoe polish onto it (not the kind in a can, the liquid kind that is kind of like a bingo stamper).
  3. wait for the shoe polish to dry and voila!...a faux leather box!

On Tuesday afternoon/evening, Grandma had a birthday party to go to for one of her friends, so Mom and I decided to drive up to Inlet to see what was left of "the Camp".

Poor Luna...this was her first time to the Adirondacks. She never even got to spend any time at Camp.


Remember the movie "Carrie"? At the end when the house had burnt down and the girl was coming to set flowers in front of the for sale sign?...then Carrie's hand comes up and grabs her?

Mom had a rubber hand that had been on the dashboard of her car for 5 years or so and was starting to discolor on the back. She had been meaning to get rid of it anyway, so we semi-ceremoniously left it sticking up under the No Trespassing sign! My family usually deals with grief with laughter. We were giggling like teenage girls setting this up and taking pictures.
Then Mom and I went to 7th Lake to take Luna swimming (I'll put the video on my YouTube channel)

Rinsing the sand off out feet and off our sandals...

Beautiful mountains and sunset...

Then we had dinner in Old Forge (about 10-15 minutes away from Inlet). The deer in Old Forge don't mind the cars or civilization...they just mosey along like they were in the woods. I have video of that too.


No comments: