Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day at Stoneybrook

CJ and I spent Labor Day with my parents. We wanted to go do something together where we could take the dogs. So we went to Stoneybrook, a state park south of Rochester. We went for a walk along the water (some of us IN the water) with the dogs, then we had a tailgate picnic by the truck (subs from Wegmans).

A nice lady who was impressed with King offered to take a picture of all of us.


Mom and Dad were trying to get King to turn around for this picture, but he just wasn't understanding the point. It's still a nice picture of the 3 of them though.

Walking back along the path. My goal next time is to walk the whole way in the water instead of on this side path for the people (like my dad) who aren't interested in getting wet. Not for me! I'll spend every minute I can in the water! (even though it's COLD!)

I didn't get a picture of the big waterfall. I didn't take as many pictures as I usually would since I was in the water and did not want to risk getting the camera wet. I need to get one of those digital cameras that are waterproof! But just so you can see it, here's a picture that was taken 2 years ago of me at the falls...(I originally thought it was last year that we went to Stoneybrook last, but my picture archives tell me it was in fact September 2nd, 2007 when these pictures were taken.)


Although if I hadn't told you, I could have let you believe these were taken this week couldn't I? (And, yes, I am wearing the same bathing suit!)

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Hi Kira, you are the winner of our happycloudthunderhead giveaway!! i cant find an email address for you so if possible can you email me at
funwithmama@gmail.com

You have until 48 hours from this comment...

Congrats again! im so excited for u