Sunday, September 27, 2009

Remsen Barn Days Festival (Part 1: Welsh Dragons)

I went with my Mom and Grandma on Saturday to the Remsen Barn Festival in Remsen, NY. It's a fall festival that's near the Adirondacks. Remsen was a town that was founded by Welsh immigrants, so the red Welsh dragon, which is on the Welsh flag is everywhere. (I happen to be a little bit Welsh on my Dad's side). The image fascinates me since it's very medieval looking, so I took lots of pictures of it...

This barn is on Rt. 28/12. We pass it every time we go to the Adirondacks and I always want to take a good picture of it (but never can in a moving car!) So Mom was kind enough to pull over so I could get a good, clear picture of it. The sign and red dragon are on the barn year-round.








Painted on the sidewalk in front of the Remsen library...


Last year's dragon, now faded (also on the sidewalk in front of the library)...




No comments: