Monday, June 21, 2010

Tree Necklace Present

It's my birthday today! I'm 28 years old now. That's only 2 more years 'til I'm 30! Aaarg! I'm getting OLD! Whatever...30 isn't that old. That'll just mean I'll be a "real" adult instead of a "young" adult! But, you know what they say, "You're only as young as you feel!"...and I still feel 18!

This necklace was an early birthday present from my Mom. She's terrible about waiting until my birthday to give me gifts (probably because she just loves giving!). I actually had to tell her this past Saturday when she and Dad came over to celebrate Father's Day that I didn't want the rest of my gifts until today when we go out to dinner. She gave me this necklace a couple weeks ago. She bought it at the Lilac Festival. (I wish I had the name of the artist and/or a link for her website) I like it, not only because it's gorgeous...but because, with the stars, the design reminds me of the tree of Gondor design in The Lord Of The Rings.

No comments: