Thursday, July 1, 2010

Moustached Monster

I had a funny idea a few weeks ago to make an owl with a moustache (since both owls and moustaches seem to be big in the craft blogosphere lately), but I couldn't get it to look right. If I put the moustache underneath the orange triangle beak of the owl, it looked more like a guy with a carrot nose and didn't look like an owl anymore. So I just abandoned the idea and made this little moustached monster instead.


I originally thought I was going to make him look like an English gentleman with a bowler hat and attach/embroider a string going from the bigger eye to make it look like a monocle, but the hat turned out wrong and now I think he looks more like a circus ringmaster.

I think I'll call him Big Topp.

2 comments:

Candy Bello said...

I love it! Nice mustache!
Did you create your own patterns, or are they from a book. Most of my items are from patterns.
:)
Candy

Kira said...

I create the designs myself...although I am inspired by books and other people's work (the book "Stupid Sock Creatures" is what inspired me to start making plush in the first place). I don't really make "patterns" for my monsters, I just kind of create the monster based on the scraps I have. That's half the fun. :)