Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy 4 Year Anniversary KiraArts!

While looking through my photos of my early sock monsters a few weeks ago, I realized that November marks the 4 year anniversary that I've been making monsters! I wasn't calling myself KiraArts back then...I hadn't even thought of creating a business and selling my monsters back then...but that's when it all started.

The picture above shows the first 3 sock monsters I ever made (the rainbow one was the very first). The date it says this picture was taken is November 27th, 2006. I don't know if I made the monsters on that day, or if I just took the picture on that day. But since that's the date I have, I've decided that today marks the 4 year anniversary that I've been making sock monsters! Yaaaaaaaay!

My 25-year-old brother is the owner of the camo monster (which he still keeps in his truck...seen in the picture above). The blue stripey one resides with Evan, my friend's oldest son, who is now 13. But I can't remember who ended up with the rainbow one. How sad that I can't remember where my first monster ended up. I'm sure I gave it to one of the kids at church. That's where my monsters all ended up in those days.


After making those first 3 monsters, I just couldn't stop! And 3 days later those 3 monsters had multiplied into 10. And the rest is history. I always make sure I take a picture of every monster I make (Excluding Nubbins). One of these days I am going to have to go through my pictures and count how many individual monsters I've made.

1 comment:

snore stop said...

The post is good.I wish your post,good LUCK.Keep posting your good
blogs.