Saturday, February 16, 2008

Encouragement & Issues

Sometimes I get nervous that no one will buy my work if I start an Etsy shop. But this article on Etsy's "The Storque" has encouraged me some. The only thing that intimidates me is that there are so many plush artists out there. I get paranoid that my stuff isn't unique or well made enough, and that I will get lost in the fray of the monstrous number of plushie makers out there.

I'm also trying to make myself a name & logo for my shop and I keep running into a snafoo. I have two main things that I do...sock monsters and paintings. But they tend to be on different sides of the spectrum from each other. My monsters are wacky and whimsical, but my paintings are more serious. And I'm having trouble figuring out a logo that represents them both and doesn't lean too far one way of the other.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I found you again. :-D

I'm such a blog stalker!

I've been thinking about you, and I was curious. What would you charge me to do a painting of one of Jim's and my engagement pictures?

Melissa said...

Thanks, your such a sweetheart :)

I love you!