Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sewing Machine Possiblities


Did I mention that my husband is just as excited about the sewing machine as I am? Although it is supposed to be his belated Christmas/early Valentine's Day present to me, I think it's just as much for him. He want to learn how to quilt. And he's already started making a quilt from old T-shirts that no longer fit him, but have sentimental value and/or fun graphics.


So I was digging out the bags of old clothes that we've stashed in the attic (either intending to give to Goodwill/Salvation Army or use for a project, or hoping we'l fit into them again someday ~stifles giggle~) And inaddition to my hubby's T-shirts, I found some of his old button-down dress shirts. And I have the perfect project for them! I found a site awhile ago that has a tutorial on how to reconstruct a men's button-down shirt into a little girl's summer dress. Now, even though I don't have a little girl (or any children yet) I have a couple friends that do. Plus, I think I could alter the idea to make a top for myself.


Ah...the possiblities a sewing machine opens up. I never would have considered this if I as still hand-sewing everything.



No comments: