Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Custom order for "Professor Wormbog" Nubbins

I got an email a couple weeks ago from my husband, saying that one of his co-workers who had bought a set of my "Where the Wild Things Are" inspired Nubbins had a special order request for me. He wanted me to make Nubbin versions of three characters from the book "Professor Wormbog in Search for the Zipperump-A-Zoo" by Mercer Mayer...

I had previously known of Mercer Mayer as the guy who wrote the "Little Critter" books I read as a child, but had never heard of the "Professor Wormbog" book...and thankfully, the local small-town library in Medina just happened to have the book...so I could have more reference pictures than the one on the cover (which does not show the Zipperump-A-Zoo).




I have a deadline to finish all three by March 13th. What have I gotten myself into? It's going to be challenging, but I always say I'm up for a challenge. (Want a little sauce on those words you're going to eat Kira?)

Keep in mind these are preliminary stages. I am simply cutting out the fabric and trying to figure out how I'm going to construct these. The finished product will probably look much different. I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished products!

No comments: