Monday, February 15, 2010

Post Valentine's Day Thoughts

I was surprised to find that I just wasn't really "into" Valentine's Day this year...which I find ironic, since back when I was single, I always bewailed my singleness and was bitter on Valentine's Day because I didn't have a signifigant other to spend it with. And now that I'm married, it's not a huge deal to me anymore. Of course, that's not to say I don't enjoy doing a little something special to celebrate.

(This is one of our Engagement Photos)

Maybe I didn't consider Valentine's Day a big deal this year because my husband gives me such an abundance of love throughout the year. And I don't have high expectations as far as cards or gifts. I don't care about diamonds or fancy, extravegant gifts. Gifts are nice, but I don't expect them. It may sound cheesy, but the fact that he loves me is enough of a gift for me! As long as we get to go out to dinner and a movie I'm happy. Well, since we live an hour away from the nearest movie theater, it turned out to be just the movie this year. (since we need to get home to let the dog out). We saw "Avatar" on Saturday. (And I just realized that our movie was in theater 13...on February 13th. That makes me laugh.)

CJ got me roses yesterday too. (He gets me flowers 3 times a year...our anniversary, my birthday, and Valentine's Day...but I never expect it and am always surprised when he gets them). It was funny, because he had gone to the store while I was still asleep, and was planning on surprising me with he roses and breakfast in bed. But I got up to go to the bathroom right as he was coming home, and thwarted his plan to surprise me. But I was still surprised...and I still got roses and still got waffles...just not in bed. ;)

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..." - Song of Solomon 6:3

No comments: