Friday, March 5, 2010

Hairdo

I got my hair cut/colored on Monday this week. My mom had a hair appointment with our friend who is a hairdresser, so I tagged along to hang out and get my hair done too. It's been overdue for a trim, plus the patches of grey at my temples were starting to get really obvious (I'm only 27...I'm not ready to let my grey show yet).

This has been my first time getting my hair professionally colored at a salon (usually I DIY it with a box of Feria). I must say that I love the results. It looks black at first glance, but in the sunlight it shows a purple tint. In addition to the color, I had Rochelle cut it and give me some layers. I wish I'd had Mom take a picture the night I had it done, since Rochelle styled it very well and I had these lovely, large, loose tousled curls. It reminded me of Aeryn (Claudia Black) from Farscape. (Yeah...I am such a sci-fi geek). Anyway, I don't have the tools to recreate the look I had Monday night. I originally wanted to try dying my hair black, but Rochelle said it would be a big commitment and if I didn't like it or got tired of it we would either have to wait for it to grow out or strip my hair...an idea I'm not too fond of. I hate what color stripping does to the texture of hair...it makes it feel like hay! But the color we did looks like black most of the time anyway. But I love that it has that purple surprise!

No comments: