Sunday, December 26, 2010

Handmade Christmas 2010: Dad's Bungee Cord Bag

This is one of the "top secret" handmade gifts I made this year. This drawstring bag was for my Dad. He mentioned to me last weekend about wanting a large drawstring bag for all his bungee cords. So this week I whipped one up for him!

I had the perfect fabric in my stash...a black burlap material that a lady from my parents' church had given me. I also sewed on some white/cream linen scraps for the label, and used some alphabet rubber stamps and Staz-On ink to stamp "Bungee Cords".

I always think it's so hard to hand-make good gifts for men...but this was the exception. I was glad to be able to make Dad something that he actually wanted and will be able to use.

I have a gift for my brother that I hand made as well. He's coming to visit in January, so I'm going to give it to him then. I'm not sure if he reads my blog or not...but most likely not, so I may be able to post about it soon (as soon as I take some good pictures).

1 comment:

Miguel Freitas said...

Great idea. I though it is only use for bungee jumping. You really have a creative mind.