Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cheshire Cat Throw Pillow

I made a Cheshire Cat pillow for my niece last year for Christmas. I got a positive response not only from her, but from a lot of people who saw it. So I decided to make more of them this year. I still have a ton of the purple leopard-print fabric. (although I found it is difficult fabric to embroider on. I may try to do all the details with the sewing machine next time)

The design is a bit different and simplified this time around. I left off the paws and whiskers and decided to use felt for the eyes instead of buttons.

Even though I have a lot of the leopard-print fabric, I used some purple corduroy for the back. I would like to use this corduroy for the front of another Cheshire Cat.


I think that little stitch of white embroidery floss made all the difference to the eyes. It adds some dimension. I also think you can tell I was watching a lot of anime while making this too because of the eyes.

4 comments:

Tree Huggin Momma said...

This is awesome! If I hadn't already ordered from you for the Holidays I would be taking this one too! I had seen the pic of the previous one and thought it was great.

mamachat said...

loveit and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Whoa this is adorable! :)

stock trading said...

Your work is great,The pillows are amazing.