Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Hunt Cookies

I've been busy tidying up my house today, since my Grandma is coming to visit tomorrow. It will be her first time seeing our house since we moved in (she's seen it once, but it was before we moved in) so I want it to look nice for her. But in the midst of cleaning today, I got the urge to bake. (I don't like to cook, but I like to bake!) I found a recipe for these cute "Easter Hunt" cookies the other day on the Made blog. The idea is that they look like easter eggs hiding in the grass.


Butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, peanut butter...and green food coloring...

Add in the oats & flour mix...

And...last but not least...the best part!...M&Ms!


Before baking...
After baking...

Mine didn't turn out exactly like Dana's. Hers seem more flat. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I used regular flour instead of grinding oats into flour (because I didn't have enough oats on hand). I also used less peanut butter. Oh well...they're still delicious!

I put some of the remaining dough into my mini bar pan. I put the pan in the fridge and am going to bake it off tomorrow before my parents and grandma come over, so they're nice and warm. The cookies, I'm planning on bringing to our friends' house on Easter when we go there for dinner. I'm sure their kids will love them! :)

No comments: