Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Happy New Year!


A vintage 1983 screenprinted calender my grandma gave to me last year. She was using it last year (well, technically, year before last now) because the dates for 1983 happened to coincide with 2010.  I hang it as wall-decor and switch it every month, even though the dates aren't right.  The pictures are pretty, so I don't care.  I find January's image particularly cozy.


My husband made "cowboy hats" (aka: eggs in a frame, toad in the hole, or eggy in the basket, etc) this morning for his breakfast.  I had a star cookie cutter lying out on the table from making cookies, so he used it to cut the hole in the bread.  I'm not usually one of those "foodie" Instagrammers, but it looked so cute that I had to take a picture!


Our "big" New Year's Eve outing yesterday was to go see "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" in the afternoon.  As expected, I loved it!  Part of me is sad I have to wait a whole year to see the next movie, and then another year to see the last movie...BUT I am kind of glad Peter Jackson decided to split the story into 3 movies in order to include more of the backstory and make each movie richer instead of having to cram the whole story into one movie.



Then, since we were in Rochester, we went to Wegmans before we came home (since we don't have a Wegmans in Orleans County for some reason...the closest one is in Greece, 45 minutes-an hour away from where we live).  We spent New Year's Eve at home, but we each got a "special" drink at Wegmans.  CJ got some craft beer he liked and I got some Fentimans Curiosity Cola (it's in the natural food section at Wegmans.  Tops doesn't have it.  I miss Wegmans).


Not only do I enjoy the taste of the Fentimans Curiosity Cola, but it has cool bottlecaps that I can make into pins/magnets to sell as small, low-priced impulse items at craft shows.  The Fentimans  bottlecaps are my favorite, with the German Shepherd on them.


Last night, while spending he evening at home, I decided to start making a crochet blanket out of all the Lion Brand Homespun yarn I've been "hoarding" for awhile.  I'm basically just making a huge granny square.  I'm excited for when I finish it.  Not sure when that will be, but my goal is to finish it sometime before 2013 is up.


No comments: