Saturday, January 26, 2013

Visiting Grandma!

I am visiting my grandma this weekend!


After having the worst single-serve instant coffee yesterday morning, Grandma suggested we go out for coffee this morning!  So we went to a local donut place, Dippin Donuts.


I taught Grandma how to make the crochet hearts this weekend.  You're never too old to learn something new!  We've been doing a lot of crocheting in the past couple evenings, while watching "House Hunters" on HGTV.  I make something of a game of it...if the people on the show choose the home I guess, I win!  LOL!  I keep saying, the only thing I miss about having cable is watching HGTV.  I love all the home improvement shows!


We spent today doing some de-cluttering and de-stashing some of her craft supplies in one of her spare rooms (my mom's old bedroom).  We came across this little clay pinch-pot I apparently made when I was 5.


This is the side view of the pot.
I not only gave Grandma permission to get rid of it, but I TOLD her to get rid of it.  She was a little resistant, but once I took pictures of it, she seemed okay with letting it go.  So the memory can live on in digital form.


There was a lot of thin crochet cotton thread (usually used a lot to make doilies and that kind of thing).  I'll be donating it to Craft Bits & Pieces, which is like a thrift store for craft supplies in Fairport NY.


And Grandma gave me a LOT of yarn.  This is just a small bit of what she gave me.  I will be keeping some, but definitely not all of it.  Whatever I don't decide to keep, I'll be giving it away to any friends that want it... and then donating what is left to Craft Bits & Pieces  I'll be giving the embroidery hoops to my fellow RNESTer, Tiffany of Freckles and Frizz.

No comments: