Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PhotoBooth Love


So I recently discovered the blog Scrumdillydilly... yet another quirky, crafty blog. One of my favorite things that she does is her Photo Booth Fridays...which reminds me of my own love of old school photobooths. So in honor of my new favorite crafty blog, here are two of my own sadly-oh-too-few photobooth picture strips.

The one on the left is my first one ever (with my parents in June 1983 at Sylvan Beach...according to my mother's handwriting on the back). It's one of my favorite family photos...#1: becasuse I was such a darn cute 1 year old baby!...#2 because I love my dad's crazy smile in the last frame! The second frame I think is the best picture though...because I'm actually smiling at the camera instead of looking confused.

The one on the right is the last one I took (with my husband at Big Fun in Cleveland when we went to visit his family in August). I wish it would have developed better and not had that streak in the middle.
This is a note stuck on the outside of the booth that I thought was too funny not to document.

I know I have two other photobooth pictures somewhere that I can't find right now. One is a color one with me & my brother when we were kids (I look about 8 or 9). The other is with my friend Jessica from a couple years ago (2001? 2002?) . That one is in color as well. I don't know if it was a classic "dip & dunk" one or a digital one, because the picture quality was very good. I'll have to dig those out and post them one of these days.

Check out PhotoBooth.net to find a booth near you! There are 3 listed at Sylvan Beach, so I don't know which one my picture was taken at. There are 3 in Rochester (well, 2 in Rochester...1 in Victor). I may have to start my own photobooth tradition...if even only once a year. Maybe twice...birthday and anniversary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. You are soooo cute. Wow, what a blast from the past. And the note on the booth in Cleveland is a riot.
Thanks for sharing. You should put them on Facebook to share with all our friends.
love ya,
mommas

UK lass in US said...

I love photobooths - they seemed to be much more common in England and Germany than here (you get your passport pics done in a booth over there, which is far preferable to the sulky photo counter person at the local pharmacy taking the worst photo of your life...).

Anonymous said...

Now I am going to leave you a comment on an old post ;) The little streak on the Big Fun photo strips has happened in most of mine from there as well!!! It's a special Cleveland defect I guess....