Friday, October 3, 2008

Playing with Words

I just saw a link to Wordle.net through a blog post at iHanna.com. You can write your own text in, or use a website for Wordle to take the words from. I was intrigued and made the image below using my blog's url for the imported words:

I tried making different versions by playing with the color scheme and font, but none of them so far have come out as satisfying as the first.

I was curious how it chooses which words to be bigger, because the same words were big each time I did it...but then I read "Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text." So apparantly I've been talking a lot about Impressionism,Kids, Paint, and Class this Week.

iHanna mentioned in her blog about how she loves how the words randomly fall together and could be sort of poetry starters. This was the first one I noticed in mine..."Plush homeschooler next enables childhood". Hee hee! That just makes me laugh! Who sees any more funny ones in there? (I'd try clicking the thumbnail below so you can see the actual sized image at Wordle) Leave me a comment telling me which ones you see and make me laugh some more!

Click the thumbnail for a larger view on Wordle

***

EDIT: I just found this one...check it out!

***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see you're having a "vincent week" and are a "art one" in your wordle. glad I inspired you to play, yours turned out very nice too!