Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Great Strides" CF Walk

This is my brother, Adam, and his girlfriend, Nicole...
They are both participating in Great Strides, a fundraiser walk for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, today in NYC. I'm not usually "into" these kinds of fundraisers, but this disease effects my family on more than just one front. Nicole was diagnosed with CF at a young age. And a few years ago my husband and I found out that he has the CF gene (although he does not have the disease itself, the gene plays a part in the fact we cannot have children).
"Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference in extending the quality of life for those with CF."
I love Nicole. She is a sweet girl, she makes my brother very happy, and I'd like to see her be able to stick around for a long time. Adam and Nicole are so close to their team's $5000 goal. If you can, go donate online to sponser them in their walk today! The walk is today, but there is still time to donate! (I just feel bad I didn't blog about it sooner!) You don't even have to donate a lot. If you can't afford to give $100 or $50... $20, $10, or just $5 can still help. When enough people donate a little bit, it can go a long way!
***UPDATE***
They surpassed their goal! They raised $5210 as of 10am yesterday! Plus, the company Nicole works for pledged to match whatever they raised, up to $5000...so they ended up raising $10,210 total! If you still feel the urge to donate, though, they will still be taking donations until June 30th.

No comments: