Wednesday, June 29, 2011

RNEST Monthly Challenge: June (Carnivals & State Fairs)

This month's theme for June's RNEST Monthly Challenge was Carnivals and State Fairs. (the theme was chosen at my suggestion after spotting it on the list of trending topics on Etsy's Merchendising Desk post for June). This is my entry, Barnum the Stripey Sweater Monster.


"STEP RIGHT UP!
See the Amazing Barnum juggle balls of yarn and swallow pairs of scissors!
Barnum loves carnival life (where he can eat all the cotton candy he wants!), but he hopes to graduate from being a carnie to working as the ringmaster of his own circus someday, and train acrobatic sock monkeys!"
- description from my Etsy listing

I enjoyed staging the photos here. I took two of my scarves and arranged them to look like a striped carnival/circus tent.

I originally didn't start making Barnum with this month's challenge in mind. I had the body made with the limbs and ears attached, and had him set aside for hand-sewing the eye and heart on, and stitching up the stuffing opening. It wasn't until after I knew about the challenge that I decided he was a good candidate for a Carnival-themed monster, and I added the hat, moustache, and bow tie (because...you know... bow ties are cool!).


Voting for the challenge starts today, so be sure to check out all the entries on the RNEST Blog and vote for your favorite! (there will be a poll in the top-right corner of the blog.) I won't guilt you into voting for me if you like something else!...but it would be nice if you liked mine best!

No comments: