Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Emoti-Nubbins

A friend of mine is a teacher and ordered a set of my "Emoti-Nubbins" for her classroom this year!

I added 2 new emotions to the set (well, they're more like feelings than emotions)...and omitted one that was included in the previous sets (Worried/grey).


Angry (red).

Happy (yellow). In the original Emoti-Nubbins set I was comissioned for, the client wanted Happy to be orange. But I changed it for this set. I feel like yellow is a happier color. It reminds me of sunshine.

Sick (green). I know...more of a feeling than an emotion. But I wanted a green Nubbin in there and thought "sick" was the most appropriate feeling. I know the traditional emotion for green is jealousy/envy, but that's a pretty complex emotion to do with such a simple monster. I suppose I could have made "Worried" green too (instead of grey). But I stand by making green the Sick one.

Sad (light blue). The very first Emoti-Nubbin was a sad, blue one. I made it specifically to promote awareness of the CPSIA vs. Handmade issue. A lady saw it and wanted to order a set of Nubbins with different emotions. Thus the concept of the Emoti-Nubbins was born.

Tired (dark blue). Another "feeling" more than "emotion". But I figured something schoolchildren feel a lot is tired. This is the first Nubbin I've ever made with little eyelids. I thought it needed the lowered eyelids to make it look like it was tired and make it look like it was yawning and not yelling. (Although I can imagine it whining, saying "Awwwwww!"). I don't know. It was an experiment. What do YOU think it looks like?

And lastly...Silly (purple).
I wanted another "positive" emotion in the set. Plus, sometimes "happy" just doesn't describe it because you just feel downright silly!

*MARKET RESEARCH TIME!:
  1. What emotions would YOU want me to include in the Emoti-Nubbins?
  2. What colors have I not included (pink? brown? black? orange?) that you would put an emotion with?
  3. Would you change any of the emotions on the colors I DID include in this set?

I'm curious! PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT! ;)

3 comments:

Heather said...

1. What emotions would YOU want me to include in the Emoti-Nubbins?

Pleased (pink), Confused (Maybe a muddy brown or a swirly green?),Irritated (a red that isn't quite as intense as the 'angry' red), WTF! (orange), Triumph (A richer yellow than happy... like a golden), Fear (white, like the color has drained from them), Bereft (black or dark grey), Flirty (a rich pink), Serious (Brown), Silly (Aqua or Green), Hollow (a very pale grey), Incredulous (army green), Confident (orange), Fierce (deep red, like maroon), Pouty (blue), Drunk (pink), Rage (red), Sarcastic (green), Disgusted (green), Shocked (yellow)

2. What colors have I not included (pink? brown? black? orange?) that you would put an emotion with?

I put the colors next to the emotions above!

3. Would you change any of the emotions on the colors I DID include in this set?

Nope, I like your choices!

Just found your blog and it's very cute :)

trisha too said...

I definitely agree with the yellow choice.

I'd include a Nervous, especially if these are for children, but not sure what color . . . maybe orange would be a good nervous color.

:)

snoring solutions said...

I like this blog very much.The nubbins are very beautiful to look.I like the green nubbins.The emotion is very correct.