Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Photos from the Rochester Zine & Craft Fair

Here are a few photos from the Rochester Zine & Craft Fair I was at on Sunday! The Flying Squirrel Community Space was kind of cool and funky...kind of a place I envision hippies hanging out at. I was one of the few artists/vendors who were in the downstairs room. Most of the other artists were upstairs. But I feel like it was a pretty good show overall. People seemed more interested in my lower-priced items (I didn't sell any sock/sweater monsters) but I did well. I sold mostly Nubbins, owls, and bottlecap magnets. And Sir Jackson Rabbit and Liam the Lion found new homes. I actually had a guy come back looking for the lion towards the end of the show, but it had already been sold. I guess I'll need to make another one!

My mom came and helped out (like she usually does whenever I have a show!) She took these first two pictures for me. But it was hard to get a good picture of the booth because of the windows behind me.


I'm not sure if this kid was trying to imitate this "Emo Nubbin"'s expression or not...but he and his mom were kind enough to let me take a picture with his new friend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cool ! I will have to buy something one day.bunny?? easter is coming!

oil painting DVD said...

This is such a great site! I like the pictures in it!...Daniel

Tree Huggin Momma said...

So what can you do in a Bunny? Something a little more Emo for a Teenager (13) and something a little more funky/bright for my 9 year old girls?
Still love the Chesire Cat (did he find a new home?) and would love to see a Sock Monster Catapillar based on Wonderland :)