Monday, March 28, 2011

Barn Owl Plush

I've been inspired to make some more owls lately. They seem to sell well at shows and I usually don't make enough. But I'm trying to keep up and build up a decent supply to keep up with potential demand. Today, I got inspired to make a barn owl.




As I was sewing these owls, I was wishing I had my own DVD of "Legend of the Guardians" to watch (I'd gotten it from Netflix before). I actually ordered the book from the library a few days ago. I'm hoping it comes in soon. I have a thing for reading the book that a movie is based off of...after I've seen the movie.


I took a trip to the thrift store today (half price day!) I was looking through the kids' books, trying to get lucky and maybe find an Ed Emberley book...unfortunately, no such luck. But I did find some books I wanted...by Eric Carle, Steven Kellogg, Dr Seuss...a Fraggle book, some Sesame Street books...and an owl book. Children's books are free (up to 5 books...after that they are 25 cents). I have no kids, but I like kids' books..plus it's nice to have books for my friends' kids to read/look at when they come over.

Since owls are cool now, I figured I'd get this little educational book. A picture of a barn owl is what inspired me to make my little barn owls today...


Of course, whenever I thnk of owls, I think of my friend Casey, who is a fellow RNEST member. She was into owls before they were cool! For some cool owl plushies and needle felted stuff...go check out her Etsy shop, PeachesProducts!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

Love your stuffed owls and nice collection of kids' books. Can't wait to get Sharptooth! Yippy he's winning the challenge so far! Have a super day! :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable :)

health quotes said...

Wah! this picture was fantastic.Love your stuffed owls and nice collection of kids' books.Thanks for sharing.

Lucia Sasaki said...

Hi Kira!
I loved your stuffed barnowls... I love barnowls of all kinds.
Congratulations for your crafty creativity.

Hannah said...

Where can I buy one!?