Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Miscellanious Moonflower

If you are into buying handmade and buying local, please go visit Moonflower Handcrafted Gallery at 330 West Commercial Street, East Rochester, NY (Across from the PianoWorks Mall).
Support your local artisans!

My monsters now have their own suitcase display! The shop owner rearranges the store every once in awhile, and I like what she did with my monsters recently. Definitely loving the suitcase.

I went to Moonflower last week for their the Mother's Day event to drop off and swap out some monsters (as well as buy my mom some chain mail earrings for Mother's Day...I'll try to remember to take a picture of them sometime so I can show you what they look like). It was a little slow at first, and there were not a lot of people there besides the shop owners and a couple of the artisans. But once we got out the "art table" and started painting, people miraculously started to show up! I think it helps for people coming into the shop to see artists creating...it makes them want to support those artists by buying something! (I did sell one of my recycled denim Earth Day Nubbins that night).

I took some pictures of some of the other artisans' work while I was there. I love how one artist does paintings on "junk". This painting is done on a ceiling fan blade. You can find her Etsy shop here.

I like the applique` on this shirt. I took this picture as a reference for making one for myself. I'd buy this one, but it's not in my size.

I love this crazy, big-eyed, snail!

And this cute...owl?...or cat? I'm not really sure what it is, but it's cute!

The woman who does the applique` kids' clothes has her Etsy shop here (although it is empty as of now).

No comments: