Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sanding and Squirrels

So, I made my weekly Thursday pilgrimage to Lyndonville to work on the new house. Usually, I'll drive up on Thursday, work on the house all day, spend Thursday night at our friends' house (since I'm not allowed to sleep at the house before we close), then work more on Friday, then go home Friday afternoon. But today was just a one-day thing since CJ and I worked there on Monday, we're going back on Saturday, and I have a prior commitment on Friday.

Some friends of mine were requesting to see some pictures of me workin' the safety goggles...

Today I worked on sanding/painting the door and windows in the bathroom. I was going to move on to the second floor windows after that, but I had an inturruption.

While I was moving my sanding/painting supplies upstairs I heard a SQUIRREL in our WALLS! AHHHHH!!! SQUIRREL!!!
I banged on the wall with a pole, and just heard more skittering. I didn't know how to flush it out, and I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I called CJ, and he said to just pack up and come home early and he'd drive up when he got out of work to set a trap. It was mostly for Luna's sake that he wanted me to come home early. Although I'm confident that Luna could probably take a squirrel (dachshunds were originally bred to hunt badgers! "Dachshund" actually means "badger-hound" in German), we didn't want her to get hurt or bitten on the off chance the squirrel has rabies or something.
We're pretty sure it's the squirrel we saw when we walked in the house on Monday. We thought it got scared off and made it out of the house...but I think we were wrong. The going theory is that it never did get out of the house, but simply found refuge in the walls. We're hoping that when we go back on Saturday, there will be a trapped squirrel.
I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get to stay as long as I was planning today. I as planning on getting a lot more done. Stupid squirrel.

No comments: