Thursday, May 21, 2009

Painting At the New House Tomorrow

Well, off to the "new" house tomorrow to do some more painting! Oh...did I tell all of you on the blogosphere that the hubby and I are buying our first house? (anyone who knows me in real life knows already) It's about an hour from where I live now, and it's out in the country. I'm excited! The estimated closing date isn't until the end of July though. But we have an agreement to have us work on the house before then (for reasons of inspection and an agreement we have with the owners...we deal with the work that needs to be done in order for us to close since we're getting the hosue for a really low price).

One of the things we have to do to pass inspection is to sand and re-paint any chipping, peeling, or cracked paint...which is almost everywhere. So we are just repainting all the trim, windows, and doors. Basically all the woodwork. This is the progress I made last week.

I was going to post a "before" picture, but realized all the pics I took of the kitchen were from the other angle! Just imagine that all the white (the trim, and the doors) is brown now. And the cabinets are a khaki color. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow while I'm there to post later.

*EDIT* Here's how the kitchen looks now...

No comments: