Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lilac Festival 2012: My Favorite Booths

I usually am too busy enjoying the experience of going to a craft show to take a lot of pictures, but I was able to take a few yesterday when I went to the Lilac Festival! (next weekend is the last weekend this year!)

First up is my friend and fellow RNEST member, Erin of Sunshyne Silverwear!  I really love her recycled spoon pendants!  If you go to the Lilac Festival this weekend, you should check her out! (as well as RNESTer Francesca DeCaire, who makes beautiful lampworked beads & jewelry!)

I bought another pendant for myself.  It's made from a spoon handle.  I have a thing for the leaf skeleton design.  I also like the pieces she has with feathers embedded in the resin.

These are some spoons my mom gave to Erin (FYI: Erin gives discounts on her jewelry when you give her spoons!  Especially if they're real silver!)

This silver spoon is my Dad's "birth record spoon".  Mom is having Erin make her a pendant out of it.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!





This booth (I think the company name is Blue Gecko?) is one I go to every year to buy my annual summer dress.  I like the tie-dyed smocked dresses.  I wear them all summer.  I used to buy sarongs until I had acquired too many and decided I really liked the dresses!  The hardest part is deciding which one to buy!  The lady recognizes me every year (since I am usually wearing a dress I've bought there!) and usually gives mom and I some sort of deal on what we buy, since we are annual repeat customers.


(FYI, they are not in the "craft show" section of the festival.  They are in the Commercial/Not-for-profit section across the park, closer tot he food vendors.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it was wonderful to see you guys last weekend. I finished your moms new forget-me-not pendant. Hope to give it to her this weekend!

Kira said...

Yay! She should be bringing my Grandma to the Lilac Festival tomorrow.