Friday, June 6, 2008

Content

It's so hot today and everyone has been complaining about the heat. But it's funny...I'm strangely happy and content (I'm usually a semi-moody person). Don't get me wrong, I hate being hot and sticky as much as the next person. But for some reason it's not really bringing me down. I'm sitting here on my lunch break at work with bare feet (I've litereally kicked off my shoes!) in a quiet , empty (albeit un-air-conditioned) room with a computer...I just finished a chicken ceasar salad from McDonald's...I have some beautiful, quiet music playing. Life is good. I'm strangely content.

Maybe it's because it's Friday. Maybe because it's another week closer to the end of the school year and my last day of work. Maybe because it feels like summer. Maybe it's because I'm happy my friend just had her baby. Maybe it's because of the beauty, comfort, and encouragement of the memorial/celebration service last night.

Or maybe it's just the peace of God.

No comments: