Friday, June 6, 2008

Letting Go and New Life

My husband and I went to the Memorial/Celebration Service for Jacob Fahmer last night. It was beautiful. I've never cried so much for someone I've never met. After the initial service inside the church, we were asked to all go outside to the lawn, and on our way out of the church, the first 139 people would get a balloon...one for each day of Jacob's life. Once everyone was outside and all the balloons had been given out, we released them all. What a beautiful symbol of letting go and trusting the Lord.

"He left the arms of his earthly father and into the arms of his Heavenly Father."

And I found out, when I happened to check my email this morning before I left for work, that my friend Amy had her baby this morning! Congratulations Chris & Amy! Welcome to the planet Simon!
How poetically fitting. The day after celebrating the life of a child who has gone home to the Lord, we get to celebrate the Lord blessing us all with a brand new child.

Like my Dad says..."God is good. All the time."

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I wish I had been able to go to his funeral. I'm glad you were able to go. God IS good. ALL the time. :)