Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Present Post Part 2: Fraggles, Muppets, & Wreck This Journal

It's no secret that I'm a lover of all things Muppets...including my favorite show from my childhood, Fraggle Rock.

Believe it or not, the stuffed Fraggles and the DVD were given to me by seperate people. The 3rd Season DVD set was from CJ. The Fraggle toys were from my brother, Adam, and his girlfriend, Theresa. I guess Theresa got all of them out of a claw machine that is on the boardwalk at the New Jersey shore (while Adam supplied the quarters). The only one I don't have now is Mokey, which I guess wasn't available in the claw machine...but I consider it a labor of love to spend the time getting each of the characters from a claw machine.

The other really cool gift my Adam gave me was a Muppet Whatnot Gift Kit that he said should be coming in the mail soon. Then I can go online and order it from FAO Schwartz (a store in NYC).
"Once they get their puppet design just the way they want it, they can either visit the Muppet Whatnot Workshop in New York and have it made right there, OR starting in February 2009 they can use the online Whatnot Designer to submit thair orders, which will be completed in 3-4 weeks"

Oh, and that basket is an antique picnic basket Mom got for me. Apparantly I was asking once about where to get one.

Remember back when I posted about KittyPinkStars and mentioned that I wanted Wreck This Journal for Christmas? I guess my mom went right out and bought it for me after reading that post. I think I'll be taking my cue from KittyPinkStars Blog and photographing my journal's various phases of destruction and posting it on my blog.

Take a good look...it will never look this way again.

Yay!...project!

No comments: