Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Not Your Typical Christmas Tree...

Okay, my mother is going to think this is awful that we don't have a traditional Christmas tree , but here is our tree for this year.

We've rearranged the living room since last year and there's a bookshelf where we put the tree last year, so we really had no room for our regular artificial Christmas tree this year. Now I'm not really into all the crazy Christmas tree alternatives you see on sites like Apartment Therapy, but I had the crazy idea to put our Christmas lights on our artificial bamboo tree, which has a smaller footprint and is in the room anyway.
We might not do it every year (I have a soft spot for tradition, and would like to get a thinner artificial evergreen tree for next year), but for this year it was fun. Plus we're having Christmas at my parents' house this year, so it's not like anyone is coming over here for Christmas.

No comments: