Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Funny Quote from Joss Whedon

I came accross this quote in an interview Joss Whedon gave to CrochetMe.com (via the Craftzine Blog). Joss Whedon is the guy that created the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" TV series, as well as the short lived, underrated series "Firefly".

"I'm aware of the desperate rivalry between the knitters and the crocheters...It's an age-old war. Like the werewolves and the vampires. I think Underworld was actually originally about crocheters and knitters but they thought it would be too controversial so they changed it to vampires and werewolves."

I laughed when I read this. I must be a hybrid then...because I know how to do both. But I prefer crochet...it's much easier. I like vampires better than werewolves too. Hmmm...

Here's a few more gems...

"Like, good people in movies and TV... have things that are wooly and handmade and very sort of earthy, and evil people live in cold, steel, modernist houses, you know, and wear shiny suits. It's sort of inevitable."

These last ones are not really "funny" persay, but they stood out to me.

"I mean, let's face it, in the media there are now eight companies. In any mall you walk into, there are now eight stores: there's gonna be a Gap, there's gonna be a Banana Republic. Everything is becoming consolidated, so where there used to be lots of variety, there are now, like, ten giants and tons of tiny little villagers. And yeah, the villagers are going to start making their own stuff because the materials will be available to all of them, and we can't all just do things the way the giants want..."

"Well, you know, at the end of the day right now, you can create something; what you can't usually do is make a fortune off of it... it's not about, "I'm going to crochet the most hats! I'm going to be the fastest! I'm going to be the most [mumbled] millionaire without enjoying the process and the product." "

No comments: