Sunday, May 22, 2011

Handmade Plush Angry Birds Set

I was asked to make a set of 4 Angry Birds recently...the red bird, the blue bird, the yellow bird, and the "exploding egg" white bird. I've only ever made the red bird before, so it was cool to see how the other birds turned out.


Of course, you've seen me make the red bird before. The next time I make one, I want to shorten the beak, since when you look at him on the game, his beak isn't really that long. (but whatever, he's still cute!)

I think the yellow one is my favorite now. I like how his pyramid shape lets him sit nicely without rolling over.

The blue bird looks so tiny compared to the others!

I think it would be cool to figure out a way to adapt the pattern to include a little pocket at the bottom of the white bird so you could fit a plastic Easter egg that it could "lay". Would that be cute, funny...or just plain weird? Hey...I think it would be brilliant! I just have to figure out how to do it.

Want to make your own handmade Angry Birds plushies? Check out the tutorials at Obsessively Stitching! It was her birds that originally gave me the inspiration for mine!




***Obligitory disclaimer thingy: I do not own or claim to have any ownership of Angry Birds. They are owned by Rovio. These are just handmade, artistic interpretations of the characters.

No comments: